Sedlescombe Road outreach services
Sedlescombe Road is a house converted into two separate flats which provide supported living accommodation to individuals who have Autism Spectrum Condition or Aspergers.
Tenants are supported in their own flats to live as independently as possible with specialist, person centred support. A tenancy agreement is issued at the start of the tenancy and with a focus on outcomes; we aim to support each individual to progress towards independent living within the community, thereby ensuring less reliance on paid support. The level of support is agreed with the prospective tenant and the responsible funding authority at the point of referral.
A personalised support plan is developed with the individual, based on an in-depth assessment of need which includes the following areas:
• Developing structured and meaningful activities throughout the week
• Gaining skills for work which will contribute to a pathway to employment
• Support with or enrolling into further education
• Developing social interaction and communication skills
• Developing essential life skills/household management skills (i.e. budgeting, paying bills, domestic tasks)
• Developing skills to safely access the community
The staff team are dedicated and well trained striving to ensure each tenant maximises their full potential in order to develop their independent living skills.